Sunday, January 8, 2012

Catching up on my 31 Day plan

okay I guess I should get with the program haha...not been keeping track. Life just gets busy and I forget to blog. I really need to put the blogger app on my iPod so that I can blog more.


Day 4--
Download a Smartphone app to help you keep track of your goals.
Such as a food journal. The lady who started this challenge stated she had Habit Factor. I have no idea what that is? But there are a few at the Apple app store I need to look into. I think The Spark people app is pretty good and I think you can actually add foods manually if its not in their system . What are you going to use to keep track? I really wished there was an app to keep up with foods, fruits and veggie intake, water intake, and exercise. I have not found anything I like yet.

Day 5--
Start logging your meals daily, it is eye opening!!
I know that when I track my meals it is amazing at how less I will eat cause I actually see what damage I'm doing with my eating. I suggest using an app if you have a mobile device and start tracking your food that way. Or you can track your food using a pen and paper doing it the old fashioned way.

Day 6--
Schedule a 30 minute workout for 5 days a week minimum. 
I have actually decided to do this starting tomorrow. I want to Walk every morning after I get up, then do a workout before my husband gets home at night. I'm thinking of doing Jillian Michaels Shred it dvd. Then on Saturdays after running errands I'd love to come home and double up on how many mins I'm doing throughout the week with my walk. Oprah done something similar a few years ago which was known as her Bootcamp. Always wanted to try it.

Day 7--
Plan your meals for the next week & make out your grocery list. 
This one is a hard one for me because right now with hubby being out of work we are really struggling. So we are just buying the necesities when it comes to grocery shopping. It just seems to be cheaper to eat foods that are higher in fat with a lot of carb content. So this is something I will have to work on.

Day 8--
Fit Step Goal: commit to getting at least 7 hours of sleep a night. 
Okay this is REALLY hard for me to do. My kids do not go to bed till around 11, yeah I know bad mom. But LEah is soooo hyper active and rarely gets in bed before 11 sometimes even later is she's not had her meds. I feel so bad about giving her meds cause she is sooo hyper that she will not go to sleep. But the doctor said to do it that way and even then she won't sleep well but its better than it was 2-3 years ago. I think a lot of it is the siezures she was having in her sleep. Devin it varies for him, he is almost 14 months so I guess he is still learning so sometimes he will get up several times a night. But for the most part he sleeps all night now that he's older and COMPLETELY weaned off the bottle he has done so much better with sleeping at night.

Sooo now I'm all caught up with everything. I will try to write again in a few days to hopefully show signs of impovement in some areas I've listed. I'm trying to change my ways but I am usually so tired from where I don't get a lot of rest that I just do not have the energy to eat right or to even want to go for a walk. I know thats bad. But here I am at almost midnight BLOGGING, why??? Because I really do not get much time to do with having to cook, clean, tend to kids and do homework. So now I'm off to work on a little homework before I can even go to sleep. I just feel like I don't have enough time in the day and then HAVE to nap with Devin during the day. Maybe our sleeping is just all outta whack lol... who knows maybe eventually as the kids get older they will straighten out.

0 Comment Luv: