First of all I want to five props to Weight Watchers I get emails from them and some of the things they send is really informative. So,I think ANYONE can adapt these methods into their lifestyle because this isn't a "DIET" this is a way of life!! So Feel free to take these and adapt them to your life.
1. Water, water, water, water. (Your skin will look great, too!)
2. Order half portions at restaurants, or share a full portion with somebody. Or ask for a "to-go" container when you order your food, and pack up half the portion before you even start eating.
3. Cut back on butter and mayo.
4. Limit fried foods to once or twice per week.
5. Use less or no sugar in your coffee or tea.
6. Replace ground beef with meatless products or ground turkey.
7. Try at least one new food every week. If you're bored with what you're eating, you're more likely to give up.
8. Eat fresh, raw veggies with sandwiches instead of chips.
9. Measure your portions until you're sure you know what a cup, a half-cup, and a tablespoon look like. This will help you practice portion control, an essential key to weight-loss success.
10. Try not to drink high-calorie beverages.
11. Dip your fork in a side of salad dressing before each bite instead of pouring it directly on your salad. You'll find that you are satisfied with much less than you usually put on.
12. Find healthy alternatives to all your favorite foods.
13. If you don't really love it, don't eat it.
14. Never eat out of a bag or box. Take out a measured/counted quantity of food and put it in a bowl. This way, you know exactly how much you're having.
15. Always eat something for breakfast.
16. Read food labels. Check serving sizes.
17. Add vegetables to everything.
18. Plan meals in advance; use that information to make out a complete shopping list.
19. Give food to guests to take home.
20. Write down everything you eat and drink, without fail.
21. Plan ahead for special occasions by accounting for higher-calorie foods before you eat them.
… About Small Exercise Changes
1. Take the stairs every single time they're an option. No more elevators or escalators.
2. Make exercise a priority, not an inconvenience.
3. Park far from your destination so you're forced to walk. This works at the supermarket, the mall, wherever. (This also helps you waste less time looking for a parking space!)
4. View tiring chores (shoveling snow, cleaning the house, weeding the garden, taking the garbage out, grocery shopping) as a chance to get in some activity.
5. Take the grocery cart back to the store when you're done loading your bags into your car.
6. If you take public transportation, get off one stop early.
7. Work out with a buddy.
I loaded up Marty's Truck this Morning in 20 degree weather! I'm antious to move but,it may be a few weeks before we Actually start Living there. We are wanting to get The House set up like we want before we actually start actually "LIVING" there. Most of our things are packed away in boxes since we are living with Marty's Family. I'm going through everything to see what I need to get for the new place and making a list. I didn't stay at the new place long enough to put some stuff in the kitchen the way I want it. I might go over There Wednesday and take some more boxes. Tomorrow I figure it would be way too cold to go through the boxes in the storage building. There is a 70% chance of Snow! So keep your fingers crossed. I want some snow!!! We rarely get much snow here in Tennessee we are usually on the border of Sleet or Rain ugh! So I'd love a nice Snow.
Leah Woke up early this morning and She even wanted to go work with Marty! It was so cute and sad at the same time. She cried After him when he left. She woke up around 5am so she went back to sleep by 7 but was up again at 7:30. She took her nap around 11 and I laid down with her. I really need to get on Thyroid Meds and maybe I'll feel better and won't be so so TIRED all the time!!! Seems like 75% of the time I'm taking naps with leah when she naps. I want to start using that time for ME time to get my Workouts in. I'm really Really Hoping our Taxes look good this year because I have my Eye on this treadmill and I really want one make it so much easier to get my walking/running in.
Going to look online for some videos of workouts? I'm planning on Working out after Oprah. I really can't wait to get moved. Alot is going to change. Its a new beginning for us all.